This noodle salad is easy to make and really tasty. The recipe is from Woman’s Day magazine’s July 2012 issue. (btw – this is not my picture).
Cool Chicken and Noodle Salad
- 8 ounce(s) angel hair or capellini pasta
- 1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 1 red chili, or ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into wedges and thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into thin half-moons
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 (2- to 2 1/2-pound) rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh mint, thinly sliced
Cook the noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to cool, then toss with the sesame oil (if using).
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, brown sugar, chili (if using), 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Add the apple, cucumber, and scallions to the lime juice mixture and toss to coat. Slice or shred the chicken, discarding the bones. Add to the apple-cucumber mixture and toss to combine. Add the noodles and mint and toss again.