Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil buttery spread, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets (about 4 cutlets)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup refrigerated apple cider (the kind not filled with processed sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Melt 1 teaspoon olive oil buttery spread in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Add cider and mustard to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until syrupy. Add chicken to pan, turning to coat. Remove from heat; set aside.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil buttery spread in saucepan over medium heat. Add pecans, and cook for 1 minute or until toasted, stirring frequently. Add rice and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat. Serve rice with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.