This recipe is from Bon Appetit magazine’s April 2011 issue. It is amazing. I served it with asparagus roasted in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.
Roast Salmon with Sweet Chipotle Glaze and Hominy Puree
- 3 chipotle chiles (about) from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or preserves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 6- to 7-ounce salmon fillets with skin (scant 1 inch thick)
- 1 15-ounce can hominy, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon butter (I used olive oil buttery spread)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 450°F. Using back of spoon, press enough chipotles through fine sieve into small bowl to measure 2 teaspoons puree. Mix puree, jam, vinegar, and cumin in bowl; season glaze to taste with salt.
Coat small rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange salmon on sheet; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Spread half of glaze over each fillet. Roast until just opaque in center, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree hominy and 3 tablespoons reserved juice in mini processor until almost smooth. Transfer to small skillet. Add butter and cilantro. Stir over medium heat until warmed through, mixing in more reserved juice by teaspoonfuls if too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide hominy between 2 plates, top with salmon, and serve.