Jeff made these for dinner last night. They were really good and fast. He served them with roasted broccoli. The recipe is from Woman’s Day February 2012 issue.
Blackened Salmon Soft Tacos
- 1 1.25 pound(s) piece skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) blackening spice mix or Cajun seasoning (no salt added)
- .5 small head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- .5 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- Lowfat sour cream, for serving
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of the salmon with the seasoning mix and cook, covered, until opaque throughout and blackened, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cilantro, oil, lime juice, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
Flake the salmon into pieces. If desired, spread sour cream on the tortillas, then fill with the salmon and top with the lettuce mixture.