This was really quick and easy. It is from Woman’s Day magazine’s August 2011 issue.
Skirt Steak with Southwestern Creamed Corn
- 1 1/2 pound(s) skirt steak, cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cup(s) fresh corn kernels (from 4 to 6 ears)
- 3/4 cup(s) lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro, chopped
Heat the broiler. Season the steak with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the corn and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Fold in the jalapeños and cilantro.