This lasagna was an interesting change of pace. The recipe is from www.bettycrocker.com.
Make-Ahead Cheeseburger Lasagna
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3 tablespoons instant minced onion
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar-American cheese blend (8 oz)
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, sliced, if desired
1/2 cup dill pickle slices, if desired
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, ketchup and mustard. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat egg with fork or wire whisk. Stir in ricotta cheese and 2 cups of the cheese blend.
- Spread 1 cup beef mixture over bottom of baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles; top with 1 1/2 cups beef mixture. Repeat layers once with 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and 1 1/2 cups beef mixture. Top with remaining 4 noodles, beef mixture and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake lasagna, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 to 35 minutes longer or until bubbly. Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- Just before serving, top with lettuce, tomato and pickles. Serve with additional ketchup if desired.