This recipe is really good. I love the fresh pineapple. This recipe is from the Clean Eating website.
Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breasts), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Place chicken in a large shallow dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over chicken, tossing gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade and sauté for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add bell peppers and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender. Add pineapple and cook for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately over rice for a complete meal, if desired.